May 13, 2012

Start spreading the news...

I have finally updated all of the Bali postings with photographic evidence that a) I wasn't kidding around when I said Bali was beautiful and b) I really did get up on that surfboard. If you would like to take a moment to go back and have a peak, please feel free.

Good, you're back? Lovely. Now that that's been taken care of, I really should update you on what's been happening in my life since then. Because there's been some news. If you know me even a little bit, this news will not come as much of a shock. Let's face it, I tend to pull this kind of stunt pretty regularly, every couple of years or so. That's me. I like to be predictable. So I've gone and done it again. I've quit my job.

And believe me, it feels fantastic. Does it concern me that I don't have another method of gainful employment lined up? Of course it does. I'm eccentric, not idiotic. But I'm carrying the very optimistic, positive vibes of Bali in my newly-recovered soul so I'm feeling pretty confident. I also have a small army of friends and unbelievably helpful strangers dragging, heaving and pushing my backside up the mountain towards something brilliant (my God, had anyone realized just how helpful people can be if you just ask? there goes Res the cynic). Hopefully, if all goes well, that something brilliant will be in New York. Because in fact, as much as I do love Bali, and with all due respect to the high priestess Balinese healer, I actually think my soul belongs somewhere within spitting distance of the Statue of Liberty.

So that's where I'm headed.

Well, in a few months anyway. And in the meantime, I'm determined to squeeze every little lemon drop out of Switzerland, mix it into some iced tea and call it a party.

That's a very small NY state around my neck for luck, from a very good friend.

1 comment:

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

I am SO HAPPY for you! I know that your heart was never in Switzerland, and I am glad that life has shown you and given you permission to finally uproot and get to a place that speaks to your heart. Yay!!!

Any chance you are passing through Paris on your way to NYC? If so, and you have time, give me a holla. If things get too busy, which I know they often do, well then just know I send the very best wishes for this new start. I am so excited for you. :D

xx
Karin