Sep 29, 2009

Squeeze

Yesterday's post serves as the perfect example of why I should never press "publish" in the middle of the night, when I can't sleep and I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Because I just end up looking for excuses and blaming hapless passerbys. Like that guy. Yup, I'm talking to you, buddy.

Let's get something straight. I know exactly what I want. If I were so inclined, I could laboriously describe in excruciating detail, every little molecular component that comprises what I want.

Knowing what I want is not the problem. The problem is that getting what I want is not entirely dependent on me, and the bits that are dependent on me are scary.

Which means that what I need isn't advice. What I need is to get a grip.

Right.

Anybody got a grip I could borrow?

3 comments:

N said...

I've got a tube of superglue in my DIY-box...

Anonymous said...

Sure. I've got a great grip. Practically perfect. Everything you could wish for.

Thing is, though, I've still no idea what I really want to do.

Bummer. Right?

Wanna swap?

Anonymous said...

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
-- Mario Andretti