I'm not grumpy for any particular important reason. Like world famine, say, or high abstention rates at local elections, or because the Japanese like to eat whales.
No, I'm grumpy for the little things.
- For the fact that the "friend of a friend" literary agent has still not read my manuscript;
- That a very expensive "network" (that's four degrees' worth) doesn't like responding to emails;
- That I am either over-qualified or unqualified but never just right (damn Goldilocks recruiters);
- That Alina's love life is better than mine, and I MADE HER UP (ungrateful bitch);
- That I lost my premium status on Air France;
- That the kilos haven't gotten the memo that it's bikini weather soon and they should take a hike;
- That I haven't been able to walk without a knee brace since the half marathon and I'm getting seriously antsy;
- That all my friends are spread around the globe and I would very much like to have them all HERE;
And for a bunch of other reasons I'm sure will come back to me.
So there. Call back later.