Jan 11, 2011

Rendez-vous manqués

Oh my God the frustration...

I just found out that one of my absolute favourite authors of 2009 / 2010, David Nicholls (author, entre autres, of the fantastic "One Day") will be doing a reading at the WH Smith on Rivoli and I won't be there!  Please, for your own sake and literary enlightenment, if you're in the neighbourhood on February 2, go see him.  I will leave it at your discretion whether you choose to tell David that a certain Little Swiss Miss is head over snow-booted heels in novelistic love with him.  Feel free.  Either way.

And in the meantime, read his books (there are - sadly - only three of them, so you have no excuse not to read them all).  Although be warned, when I recommended "One Day" to The Boy, he stopped three chapters before the end and cursed me into oblivion because things didn't turn out how he wanted them too.

Yes, well, things don't always turn out the way we want them to, do they?



PS: The Roomie and I just finished putting the sofa together.  He wanted me to point that out.  On the premise that a little free advertising for his ruggedly handsome IKEA-handy self never hurt.  So consider him advertised, girls.

2 comments:

paris (im)perfect said...

Will it make you feel better or worse if I say I will go to the reading? Thanks for the tip. Also, bonne annee and all that. Paris misses you something fierce.

Kim B. said...

Hi Res! I devoured the book yesterday all in one day . . .I'll go to the reading too! I was curious as to what made him throw it across the room but then I saw!