Jun 6, 2009

Random personal things that happened this week

*Someone said they found it strange that I felt so comfortable opening up in this environment. Maybe. But I feel comfortable opening up in any kind of environment. Maybe what's strange is that the work-me and the me-me is the same person.

*I gave someone here the address to this blog. I don't know why. In fact, as far as I know only one other BM consultant has the address to this blog, and that's because he's a good friend of mine. And yet, here I was giving away the key to my deepest, darkest, could-get-me-fired secrets to someone I'd only met 48hrs before. That's also strange.

*I was told 24hrs ago that I will be staffed in London after this (and no, it's not related to banking...), and am already drowning under dinner invitations, which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

*I got invited to somebody's wedding. I don't know if he was serious.

*I realized that I'm a litigator who gets deeply unsettled by conflict. I don't know what that means.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there's at least one other - I'm at BM too. (We were at school together and have met.)

It's okay, though - I like you, your secrets are safe :-)