Apr 16, 2011

Hiding in Plain Sight

Isn't it strange how well the internet allows you to hide while linked to the whole world?

I've often been asked the question, "why do you expose yourself like this?"

Expose myself? Are you kidding? The internet is my hiding place.  My safe house.  The real danger is outside - it's when you confront yourself with actual people that everything starts to break down.  Even skype is treacherous - at least here no one talks back.

Hmmm.... Maybe I've spent too much time today reading Joanne Harris' blueeyedboy

(Books are a good place to hide too.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Res or is it Isa? :-)

I believe there are more people hiding behind an internet presence than many others think. You can be anything you want to be. A superhero, beautiful, well-educated -- whatever takes your fancy. It becomes difficult when you step out into the real world, meeting people you got to know via internet.

I personally am the same person, no hiding. You get what you see :-)