Hmmm... Things still a bit blurry from over here, maybe I need to stand further back.
So here are the lessons I think I've learned:
- When a very large sphere the approximate size and shape of the planet collapses onto your head, it is a good idea to let other people help you out.
- If you're too stubborn to figure that out on your own, severe illness and the menace of impending death can help.
- Re-prioritizing does not mean the last 10 years of your life have been a massive waste of time.
- Not re-prioritizing means the next 10 years probably will be.
- Friends are the bomb. Really.
- Friends who stick around when even you can't stand the sight of yourself particularly so.
- A Cadillac is not just a shiny, over-sized, gas-guzzling American car, but also an instrument of torture.
- Said instrument of torture gives you really nice abs. Eventually.
- Taking a chance on someone can be fun.
- But never trust anyone with your clothes.
- Making an effort to be healthy pays off.
- But good food and good wine are allowed. And the odd margarita.
- Jude Law is an excellent actor.
- And yes, also hot. That does not make me shallow.
- Worrying about what people think of you when you're dancing along to your ipod in the street will turn your hair grey.
- Chances are they think you're cool.