And when you're in the middle of finishing a novel, starting a new job and moving to Switzerland, the list-making gets so out of control you can't seem to find time to do anything else.
I've done less than half of the things I wrote down, but more than half of the things I didn't. Which I guess makes it just about alright.
Things I have done:
- Run 20k, miraculously sparing my knee but now waddling like a duck from the sore muscles;
- Sent manuscripts to a total of 13 agents, bursting into tears over sealed envelopes ;
- Spent a long weekend of Parisian sunshine with the Hottie;
- Enjoyed champagne at the terrace of the Georges like a spoiled tourist;
- Painted my toenails dark blue on a whim;
- Read through over 450 INSEAD CVs, and others, to find "my team";
- Bullshitted my way through conference calls and email chains for a job I haven't started yet;
- Watched The Sound of Music again for the first time since I was eight.
- Packed my things for the drive to Switzerland;
- Found an apartment;
- Gotten Swiss health insurance;
- Resigned myself to the harsh reality of my imminent departure.